Friday, June 14, 2013

If You Can't Beat the Heat, Join It at CASL Summer Camp!

When I graduated from college, I was one of those college grads that wasn't quite prepared to deal with the real world. I tossed around all sorts of ideas like teaching English in Costa Rica, pursuing a graduate degree in psychology, joining the Peace Corps, and travelling among countless other ideas. However, in a flurry of indecisiveness, I moved back to Raleigh. However, it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I connected back up with Charlie Slagle who I had met when I was playing for CASL U-19's. He had told me, if I came back to Raleigh to let him know and he would put me to work - he did just that. I spent the summer working the skills camps at night and then running the full-day camps. 


Find the CASL Summer Camp that best fits
your child's needs and skill level
Tim Evans, Director of Camps and Academies, is now leading the charge of a full slew of CAMPS that offers CASL and non-CASL players of all abilities the opportunity to improve their game. Tim knows what it's like to come through the CASL system. He's from Raleigh and was a stand-out CASL club player and high school player at Broughton.

Camps are run by CASL coaches and staff who have tailored camps to fit certain needs and/or skills. The temperatures are starting to creep up into the comfortable upper 80s and 90s and will soon be the lovely, hot, sticky summer weather we all know and love. But, don't let this get you down. The skills/goal camps are at night so temperatures are much more manageable. The half and full day camps are equipped with plenty of water breaks in the shade, air conditioned relief in the Radford building, and the closed in fitness center at WRAL Soccer Center. CASL also has the resources to have an Athletic Trainer on staff and housed at WRAL Soccer Center, so your kids are well taken care of.

I encourage you to search through the variety of camps that are offered multiple times throughout the summer. Your child will not only have FUN but also work on his/her touch, make new friends, and enjoy being outside even if it is hot! If you have questions about camps, you can send any questions to Tim Evans (camps@caslnc.com). 

CASL Spotlight
On another note, I invite you to email me (katharine.kelley@caslnc.com) and nominate an athlete, coach, player, parent, or referee for the CASL Spotlight. Our goal is to recognize the small and large accomplishments going on in CASL.  Whether it is good sportsmanship, first goal, team manager duties, extra duties, accomplishments in school or other activities, etc., we want to hear about it! If you'd like to submit someone for consideration, email me and indicate "CASL Spotlight" in the subject line and attach a picture and appropriate info. This person will be featured in our weekly e-newsletter (CASL Connection) and through social media! 

No comments:

Post a Comment